Jan 11, 2010

Blast from the past: Summer of 2008 post [Radiohead]


No matter how it ends, No matter how it starts :


"Last saturday was the most amazing night in a long time.
I saw Radiohead and it was the most amazing show in San Diego this summer.
I went with a couple of friends. Friends with tickets and friends without  tickets.

Driving to the concert venue made the paranoia more intense. 
There was a lot of traffic. 
Each car had around 6-7 passengers  . Everyone singing to Radiohead. Thanks to 94.9 every listener got a chance to listen to a Radiohead marathon before the show. There was so much adrenaline building up before arriving. 
As soon as we got to the concert arena, we were scared of not being able to get in. Scared of not finding that old bald man scalper that is at every show.
Fortunately, there were plenty of old bald men reselling tickets. 
I thought $60 for lawn was pretty reasonable for last minute purchase. 
I had ordered mine months before and ended up paying about $45.
When we got closer to the arena, the first thing that came to my mind was", wow, I have never seen so many people in my life at one place."
There was crazy lines to enter but they moved quick.
The lines that took forever were at the woman's bathroom. I thought to myself ", What wouldn't I give to have a penis at this point and just whip it out and pee in a bush." 
Unfortunately, I would probably get arrested or kicked out of the concert if I were to squat behind something or try to pee somewhere  un-appropriate. 
So unfortunately I, myself, along with all the ladies at the concert had to wait in line for about minimum 15-20 minutes. 
Luckily the wait was not too bad. I was surrounded by Radiohead fans. A girl in front of me was from Mexico City whom had been waiting for the concert for 7 years.
The entire time I had a smile in my face that not even a slap could undo. 
The tricky part of the night was finding my friends. This is if you were sitting in the lawn. 
The lawn had sold out. There were no spots, no empty spot of grass to sit down.
I met people from Arizona, Texas, Mexico, and New York that all flew to San Diego for this one show. 
It was definitely a top 5 concert experience.  Everyone was on drugs. I am guessing the beer was way expensive. They were priced from $10-$13. I had one and I was broke. 
In front of me were  5 people on ecstasy rolling around with their neon lights having their own little party. Not even realizing the show had started just touching each other and giving each other massages.The other people next to me, on shrooms shrooming, dancing, screaming, and falling. Radiohead opened up with 15 step and ended with Everything. The show definitely was EVERYTHING I wanted and needed. 
Fortunately getting out of the parking lot for me was very quick. Took me at the most 5 minutes for others it took an hour. 
Everything went perfect.

Everyone left in love.
It was definitely a great way to end the summer of 2008.




last photo before my camera died.....nice one berenice....
[me, the sister frances, & marcy ]





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think, that you are mistaken. Write to me in PM, we will communicate.

Insomniac-Rants said...

PM ?

Anonymous said...

In my opinion it is obvious. You did not try to look in google.com?

Insomniac-Rants said...

who are you? Im not sure I know who you are.