Jan 28, 2010

R.I.P J.D Salinger

J.D. Salinger, the author of "The Catcher in the Rye," has died at the age of 91 in New Hampshire, The Associated Press reported Thursday, citing the author's literary agent. The reclusive author died of natural causes at his home in Cornish, N.H., according to his son.








As Vonnegut says again "So it goes!* "

“That's the whole trouble. You can't ever find a place that's nice and peaceful, because there isn't any. You may think there is, but once you get there, when you're not looking, somebody'll sneak up and write "Fuck you" right under your nose.” - J.D. Salinger
 
You are now in a better place.


“I hope to hell that when I do die somebody has the sense to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetary. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.”
                                 - J.D. Salinger


Rest In Peace.  I wonder if you were dumped in a river........ I wont leave you flowers...

No comments: